2 Peter 1:5–7

2 Peter 1:5–7
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
Reading this verse, there are seven qualities that make us more like Christ. Being saved we have been taken out of the world and its corruption. We are now granted promises of protection and deliverance from our Lord. As I maintain these qualities I can become more like Christ and experience more of his divine nature. I have been meditating on these things so that this week and the rest of my life I can always be adding to these. I am to add goodness, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection, and love. Looking at these things I can see the lack of them in my life. Being only here in Uganda for two more weeks I want to finish strong. I can see the finish line and I want to sprint with everything I have. I need to have more goodness added to my actions throughout the day. I have a lack of spiritual knowledge which makes me want to dive in deeper to God’s word. I need self control in my passions, desires and interests. My flesh can sometimes get the best of me and I get overwhelmed with my thoughts. Steadfastness has been my word this whole time here in Uganda so that is a daily reminder to be steadfast till the end. To stand firm and persevere. And everyday I need more godliness as I am helping at school. As I am living here with my team I need more affection toward my brothers and sisters as I serve them also everyday. And of course love is the last one. The most important because without love I can’t have the rest. I want to desire the highest for those around me which is often hard but if I continue to ask God for these 7 qualities I know he will be faithful. 

Application: Ask my team to keep me accountable to be more prayerful to acquire more of these qualities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

Luke 8:11-15

Philippians 3:12-13