Philippians 3:12-13

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 


We are to chase after the life of Christ and perfection through Jesus Christ. Paul is a great example because he loves Jesus and wants to live a pure and holy life so he can experience all that He has for him. Do I give my life completely over to God so I can experience all for Jesus? Since we are not at the end of our life, we are to move through our life and through the seasons because the seasons come and go. During this season in my life I am constantly looking onto the next season. I want to be done with this season I am in but I know God has so much to do and show me. I need to pursue Jesus in every season of my life whether I want to or not. Paul was constantly pursuing more of Jesus. He was pressing on to finish the race that was set before him. He was pursuing heaven and the fact of the treasures stored in heaven, not on earth. He also pursued sanctification and holiness. He runs this race of life to win in God’s eyes. We need to discipline our lives the same way as an athlete. We are to continually forget the past and what is behind. We are to forget our accomplishments before being in Christ. We are not to boast about our past. The best is yet to come. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16