2 Corinthians 1:4–6


Who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 

Last week ended with great hope. I had great hope that this week would be so much better since being more comfortable in the classroom. But starting the week off I had some conflicts. I got sick. I have amebas. I didn’t find out until today. I had to stay home from school for two days which was really hard for me. It was humbling watching someone else take my position and learn so much. It’s not an easy job but it’s rewarding. It was rewarding getting out of the car and seeing my kids run at me yelling “teacher” and giving me giant hugs. Staying home today was a challenge just because I don’t like to sit around resting. I like doing tasks and getting them done. But the Lord gave me this section of scripture and I needed it. I don’t know when I can help those who need to be comforted but I am willing. Just like our heavenly father. I know this week that he has been my comforter just by him speaking to me in my bed when I don’t have the strength to get up. It is such a blessing to see him move in my life when I am so weak but he gives me the strength. Christ so freely gives us this comfort and I am so thankful for it. 


Application: read psalm 119

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 8:11-15

Philippians 3:12-13