1 Peter 4:12–13

 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

This week has been full of trials. I have been daily battling my flesh. My flesh is being tested. School has been hard, I’ve been stressed out, we haven’t been able to get our visas, and this weekend is very busy. But this isn’t suffering. This is life. This happens all the time and I should not say, “woe is me”. That is why it's hard for me to tell others what I am feeling or going through. I bottle everything up inside until it comes out in frustration. But there is always grace. Thankfully. But this weekend I had to make a decision that my flesh did not want. And we will see what happens. But I am so thankful that every morning this week I have been able to get up and hear from the Lord. It has been fruitful to be able to pray through these chapters. This morning I prayed that the Lord would strengthen me today if I went through hardships and he honestly has given me strength today and I know he will continually answer me when I call upon his name. I need to remember to have that confidence and put all my hope and trust in him.  


Application: tomorrow I will ask Mikaela to pray with me as for me to be more in the spirit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

Luke 8:11-15

Philippians 3:12-13