Philippians 4:8-9

Philippians 4:8-9
 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. 

So the past week we have had the PFM team from Montana here in Uganda for the Pastor’s conference. It was a radical week. So many things were taken place and the spirit was really moving through every one of us as we went there as a team. As I got there I really knew the Lord was going to work in my heart. But little did I know he was going to work in my mind. The whole week the enemy was putting lies and doubts in my head. One day Jojo asked me how I was doing and I explained this to her. She then gave me this verse. I needed to combat the enemy with whatever was true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, and excellent. And I am to meditate on these things. I ended up dwelling on this verse that whole day and the Lord really broke me of the bondage I had. I realized I dealt with a lot of condemnation and fear. But as I watched Pastor Mike’s presentation the Lord spoke to my heart and I went up with Jojo knowing I had to get off my mat and surrender these things at the foot of the cross. It was an eternal battle that I needed to hand over to the Lord. I was so done with fighting it on my own. I am now free of this condemnation and need. And when it arises again I can meditate on whats good. When I meditate I was have the peace that surpasses all my understanding.


Application: I am going to fast this weekend for the Lord to show me how to grow deeper with him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16