Mark 1:35.

Mark 1:35.
And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.
Waking up in the morning was a conviction I had since the beginning of training. Back home I would sleep in and not read the word first thing in the morning. I would lash out at people and act in the flesh. But here I have gotten up faithfully at 5:30 every morning. I am not saying this to boast but to encourage others to get up and read the word. We are given so much time to do so. If i had not been faithful and made this a habit I would be extremely fleshly. I have gotten so much out of my daily manna. God has been speaking to me so much and has blessed the times when I get up and give my mornings to Him. I now don't wake up and go on my phone for an hour but instead spend it in the word. I am hoping that this habit sticks with me for the rest of my life. I am going to try to continue it when I get back home and go on the field. If Jesus did it in the morning then we are too. Jesus came down to be our example and we are to live according to his life here on earth. I remember being ashamed of reading my Bible when my parents walked in my room because I was treating them like crap when I was in high school. But being here I was not ashamed of them seeing me every morning reading my word. They would encourage me and share with me and it was a cool experience.

APPLICATION: I AM GOING TO ADD A BOOK OF THE BIBLE TO MY READING IN THE MORNING

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16