1 Corinthians 9:24-27

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 

Our Christian life is like the illustration of a race. We are to run the race with endurance and with patience looking unto Jesus. Running and exercise requires faithfulness and commitment. When training for a race you would not eat a bunch of junk food because that would be bad for the body. We are to have self control in the Christian life and not hang around bad people or places we will get tempted. When we run to win, our goal should be the riches we will get in heaven. We are to go all out for Christ Jesus. Paul likes to compare the Christian walk to athletes because athletic lives are disciplined and full of hard work. I have been convicted in being faithful in the small things. That has been what I am trying to do here in my last weeks here. I am walking in His will so I am going to be faithful in the small things. God will guide us when we seek to walk after His will. It is so comforting to see that God will always be looking out for us when we surrender our lives to Him. 

Application: I am going to not eat any snacks today to be disciplined 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16