Philippians 4:11

Philippians 4:11
 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
We are to be content “in” every situation. Not “for” every situation. This is important because while we are in the situation we need to be okay with it. We are to be content in the waiting process, in the valleys, and in the mountain tops. Contentment brings joy. I believe that if we have contentment in the hard situations we can overcome them. God will give us grace in those hard situations to overcome. Contentment can also bring peace. I remember when I was studying in California I was worried about what was next. My flesh was telling me England but God was telling me Israel. God spoke to me through others the confirmation of going to Israel. Since I was being lead by the Holy Spirit, I had containment in the waiting process. The time being home in between both semesters was the hardest time spiritually I had to go through. But I had peace. I was content where I was going. I knew the Lord was guiding me and I knew he was working in my heart for the future. I am blessed that the Lord is doing this again. He is teaching me contentment more than ever and now finding out our locations it is even more necessary. I cant be thinking of tomorrow but today. I am in Guatemala now and need to still invest my time here for the Lord. I cannot look to the next season and forget where I am. I need to honor the Lord’s calling on my life and not forget where He has placed me. 
Application: I am going to find the girls in my team today for Touring/Uganda and pray with them for contentment. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16