Hebrews 6:12

Hebrews 6:12
So that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 
Who are we to imitate? Right away two people come to mind when I think of people who inherited promised. I think of Abraham and Sarah.  Abraham is mentioned in the beginning of this passage being given the promise of being able to multiply. This encourages me because with this promise Abraham and Sarah needed to have faith in patience. Faith and patience are necessary when waiting on the promises of God. God has given me a promise and every day I patiently wait for the Lord to give me this promise. I am waiting with this promise right in front of my face but I need faith and patience for the Lord’s timing. I am to dwell and not tell. It is impossible for God to lie. When He speaks into our hearts He will accomplish the things that He has set before us. I am not to be sluggish in this time but be ready and draw closer to the Lord every day. God will allow me to inherit this promise when my heart is ready. It is a struggle everyday to hand over the desires of my heart every day to the Lord but it is necessary. If I did not do this my eyes would not be directly looking unto Jesus but to my left or right. I need to be daily filled with the spirit so I can have patience as it is a fruit of the Spirit. 

Application: I am going to ask Valerie if we can pray every night this week before bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16