Galatians 5:13

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

God has allowed us to walk in freedom. We are not to take advantage of that freedom and be in the flesh and satisfy our sinful nature. I think sometimes we can walk in the flesh with freedom by being prideful and boasting. I can say that I walk in victory from past addictions in my life but I know that I am to walk in humility. In that freedom, I am not weighed down my heavy chains. I can now lovingly serve others being freed from that bondage. I know God can use the bad for good because from that rough time in my life Christ has used now as good. I can now help others with the same issues and come alongside them. Only Christ allowed me to do that. I could not have become free without the work of the Spirit. The Spirit was living in me which brought freedom. I am so thankful that the Lord has even brought friends in my life with the same past struggles. How do we serve one another in love? We can serve one another in love by laying down our own needs and sacrifice things in out lives for the sake of others. Loving others can be difficult but as we die to self more and more each day it becomes easier and more natural to love one another. 

Application: I am going to try to serve my fam here more in love. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16