Colossians 1:11

Colossians 1:11
11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy;

In the beginning of the chapter in Colossians it talks about being filled with the knowledge of his will so that we may walk worthy of the Lord. This speaks directly to what I was praying about today. I prayed for the Lord to make known his way to me and for the Lord to teach me his will. I go on to read Psalm 143 which in verse 8 says, “Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, or to you I lift up my soul. And in verse 10 which says Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!” In this verse is patience. Patience is key to a life devoted to Christ. We do not get things according to our timing but to the Lord’s timing. God’s timing is perfect and I have been shown that in the past few months. God is sovereign and his ways are not our ways. I am to persevere in my walk and I need to rely on His strength to get through my doubts and fears. In my life the work that I do needs to be pleasing to the father. Through that I will bear fruit. Through my patience it will produce joy. I remember waking up this morning with joy and peace before even reading this verse. Our God is so big and sometimes we take his mighty works for granted. 
Application: I am going to again be the last person in my room to go to the bathroom during class breaks to work on my patience. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16