Psalms 111:10

Psalms 111:10
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. 
All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. 
Praise him forever! 

What is our foundation? Is our house built on the rock or on sand? The fear of the Lord is our foundation. That is how we become wise. The fear of the Lord is having reverence towards Him. We are to fear the Lord everyday of our lives. But do we? I think sometimes we take God for granted and just think of Him as a genie or someone who grants our wishes. I remember being in first grade and praying every night for my friend and I to get married. Of course God did not answer that prayer because it was not wise. I was naive and did not understand what the fear of the Lord truly was. When we fear of the Lord and have that solid foundation, that is when wisdom comes in. When we gain this wisdom we can use spiritual discernment and have reverence and knowledge of the God whom we have committed our lives to. When we are obedient to the Lord it should be accompanied by praise which only belongs to Him. Obedience can be a struggle as we are to submit under authority. Being confined on a property with walls is difficult for me. I like having freedom and the ability to drive and be dependent. But the Lord is allowing me to grow in wisdom by obeying His commands given by my authority. The Lord stretches us in uncomfortable situations and in these times I know I will grow in wisdom. 
Application: In my time here I will not listen to headphones outside my dorm. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16