Matthew 8:9-10

Matthew 8:9-10
“For I too am a man under authority, having soldiers under my command.  I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” Hearing this, Jesus was amazed and said to those following Him, “I assure you: I have not found anyone in Israel with so great a faith!”
The centurion has authority just like our father in heaven. As followers of Christ we are under the authority of our Him. The centurion did not feel worthy enough to even have Jesus come to his house. How unworthy do we feel as we make requests made known to God? Sometimes we shoot up prayers that seem impossible. But with God all things are possible. And when we do make requests known to God do we say them with great faith? It is convicting to read this passage as I examine my life. Do we ‘go’, ‘come’, or ‘do this’, when Jesus tells us? Do we follow after His commands in faith? Jesus turned to the crowd and told them of the great faith that this man had. That recognition must have been incredible. I would be honored to be recognized for that great faith. Jesus marveled at his faith. This persistent faith was proved from his love for his servant. He wanted someone in a lowly position to be healed. So many times we fear when we are told to go.  What is necessary to have this faith? The one thing that is needed is to get our eyes off of ourselves. We need to ask not for our will but for the Lords will to be done. Often times our minds are clouded with the “what if’s”. But we have no reason to fear or have doubts. We have a great high priest who sympathizes with our weakness. This centurion had a love for his servant. Our father in heaven has love for us and wants healing in our lives. But we need that faith, even if it is as small as a mustard seed to please our father because of the love he has revealed to us. 

Application: I am going to pray in faith at night with Dani this week for our moms (the healing of my mom). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16