James 3:13-17

James 3:13-17
13 Who is wise and has understanding among you? He should show his works by good conduct with wisdom’s gentleness.  14 But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambition in your heart, don’t brag and deny the truth.  15 Such wisdom does not come from above but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.  16 For where envy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every kind of evil. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy.  18 And the fruit of righteousness  is sown in peace by those who cultivate peace. 
When I look at this I have to examine my heart when it comes to my desires. Do I have envy others or have selfish ambition in my heart? Yes, I do. I am made of flesh so my heart is deceitfully wicked. My mind is always filled with distractions that lead down that road. When a desire comes into my heart I have to pray and ask if they are fleshly or of the spirit. To decipher these thoughts I need to ask for wisdom from the Lord. The mind-set of the spirit is life and peace. The mind-set of the flesh is hostile which is unearthly.  The one thing in life that I would want more than anything is to be married with a family. This desire can turn into envy when I see friends in relationships and getting married. I need to be praying for wisdom on a daily basis. God’s plan for my life is far for abundant that anything I could ever ask or imagine. His timing is perfect. My will is not the Lord’s will. When I am walking in God’s will I can tell when I have desires of the spirit because of the peace that comes with that desire. When we have wisdom from the Lord we will not be living hypocritical lives. In my past I lived a very hypocritical life. I would play church and then be living a life of sin and emptiness. But since surrendering my life I am thankful that the Lord has changed my heart and been able to purify my heart. With wisdom we are able to have a life filled with gentleness, compliance, being merciful, and other fruits of the spirit. 
Application: Being off the tech fast this week I am going to delete pintrest because it makes my mind wander and I will get distracted 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16