Ephesians 5:15-17


Ephesians 5:15-17
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
When we walk what path are we following? The wide path that leads to destruction or the narrow path which leads to life? The narrow path is windy but when we are faithful to finish the Lord will reward us. When we are giving Christ our steps and he leads us we can grow in wisdom and discernment. Then we can see the path that leads to destruction and avoid it. Our life is not our own. When we live this surrendered life we do not determine our steps. This is something a control freak like me has a hard time surrendering. “control” I’ve learned the hard way that my ways are not God’s ways. He has transformed the desires of my heart. I thought I had a plan after high school but God smashed that plan to the ground as he sent a prideful girl to Bible college for breakage. There he revealed more plans that I could never hope for or imagine. His will for us is far above anything we could hope for or imagine. We take for granted how big our God is or at least I do. And that is how I lack in faith. But all we need is childlike faith. God will push us but sometimes we just need to step out in faith and jump off the boat. When God calls, leap to the calling he has. 

Application: Making the best use of time I am going to wake up earlier to spend time with the Lord next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16