Nehemiah 9:17+21

Nehemiah 9:17+21
But you are a God ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and did not forsake them…Forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out and their feet did not swell. 

The story of the children of Israel is so applicable to a sinner. Our lives and hardships can correlate to them by how God was always faithful in the end. God forgave them for their unbelief and was so gracious to them. So often I have unbelief. I leave in two days and my program is done in two months. I have no clue what I am doing. I can have unbelief but I know God will never forsake me. His steadfast love abounds every day. I have no need to worry or be anxious. My God will be with me in every step of the way. So often I forget that though because I want to control my life. I forget that there is a higher being who I have asked to lead me. I need a reality check every one and a while. I remember going through Nehemiah in training and now I am ending in it. It is such a beautiful book because it shows God’s faithfulness and his love towards people. These people went through ups and downs and God always protected them. I know God will do the same to me because I am his child. He will not allow my clothes to wear out or my feet to swell along the path of life He will sustain me by his love and mercies and not let me grow weary. This is a truth I need to hide in my heart because it can be a daily battle. A daily battle of doubts and fears. But the truth of the Lord overrides all of those. 
Application: pray for Valerie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

Luke 8:11-15

Philippians 3:12-13