John 15:15

John 15:15
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

God can make anything known to us. A master would not typically make known everything to his servant. But Christ calls us his friends so he can make known to us things about our future. So often we can keep asking God to reveal the future to us but if he did that we wouldn't be present. I know I want to know the future. I want to know who and when I am going to get married. I want to know where I will be in five years. But I don't know for a reason. God has a plan and his timing is perfect. I do not need to interfere with the plans of the Lord. We know that our God has control of our lives and his ways are far beyond anything we could ever hope for or imagine. That is why we can put our hope and trust in Him. So often I doubt that God is in control. Trust has been brought up a lot lately and I know I am not giving the Lord all my hope and trust in Him. I need to give the Lord my whole heart and not just half of it. I need to let all my walls down and allow the Lord to come in and restore. 

Application: I am going to ask the Lord for me to be more vulnerable so I can be more open with people here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16