Exodus 4:10–12

Exodus 4:10–12  
But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.”

So often we don’t think we are equipped for what God has for us. Moses didn’t. He saw the signs of the Lord and still asked for someone else to do his job. The Lord then used Aaron to speak through as Moses shared with him the things from the Lord. I sometimes feel myself in Moses’s circumstance. I fail to do the tasks the Lord has for me and come up with excuses or complain that I’m not good enough. But being “not good enough” is a lie that the enemy uses in my head. But when I’m at Kid’s club or teaching at Sunday School or assisting, the Lord will speak through me if I’m willing to listen. The Lord has made my tongue and can very well speak through me. He has before. Just as he has uses Moses before but He still doubted his potential. I doubt my potential many times. I doubt how I can be around kids, teachers, and my own team. But the Lord has done great things and used me in my past. Why would I doubt what He will and can do in the present and future? This is a very convicting section of scripture. Moses could have screwed up the whole covenant if he wasn’t willing. The Lord told him to go and that he would be with him. That promise is so beautiful and something to hold on to. I need to hold onto that as I step into a week of outreach and ministry. I am willing to allow the Lord to speak through me as I go and to lead me. I pray that I can take this truth captive as I leave tomorrow for this village trip. 

Application: I am going to write down times the Lord has spoken through me to remember his faithfulness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16