Exodus 17:11–12

Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed, and whenever he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed. 12 But Moses’ hands grew weary, so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it, while Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side. So his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
This section of scripture did not hit me until yesterday. At first it reminded me of a game we play sometimes that about having one hand up or down. Moses is on a hill with Aaron and Hur and has the staff of God in his hand. But what is incredible is that 11 Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed, and whenever he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses’s hands got weary to the men helped him by holding his hands up. This happened until the end of day. I can’t imagine holding my hands up for that long but it is a beautiful picture. It relates to us interns so much. We are to hold up the hands of our leaders. That can look like serving them, being sacrificial and respectful to them. God has given us them as our authority and its hard on them. Being a leader can be a very difficult thing but it can also be so rewarding. This past week we started being teachers assistants. It is hard being under a teacher who lives in a completely different culture but she is my authority. I am do as she says and hold her hands up by doing what she asks. These next two months are going to be so stretching as I do something everyday that is uncomfortable for me. But I know God is calling me to it. Like he did for Aaron and Hur. It was probably uncomfortable for them to hold up Moses’s arms, but in the end there was victory. 

Application: pray for teacher Harriet 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16