Hosea 10:12

Sow for yourselves righteousness; 
reap steadfast love; 
break up your fallow ground, 
for it is the time to seek the Lord, 
that he may come and rain righteousness upon you. 

The past week, the Lord has given me the word steadfast. I haven’t realized it until last night. I am reading through Genesis and it has been brought up so often in that text with Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac. It was even confirmed in reading Miss Pam’s book. Steadfast means unwavering or standing firm. I have felt useless this week. I like to keep busy but this season the Lord is being my rest. I am having more time to spend in the word. I am having more time to fellowship with my brothers and sisters. But as I look around and see others doing more because they are more capable I get discouraged. I am so thankful the Lord has given me “steadfast” at this time. In this season this is what I am to be. I was looking at references of this word and I came across this verse. I knew I was to write about it and it is really relevant to what the Lord is speaking to me. I need to spread righteousness to produce steadfast love. Loving kindness is to be poured out of my life. I am to be vulnerable and transparent with my brothers and sisters. When it talks about fallow ground I think of the heart. So often out hearts can be dormant of this steadfast love. And the first step to soften the heart to steadfastness is to seek the Lord. This year I am going to spend more time in the Lord seeking and abiding in His word. Then his righteousness will come upon me. Again this reminds me of Matthew 6:33 came up a lot during the beginning of field time. 

Application: I am going to be more vulnerable at Girls study this week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16