Hebrews 6:19–20.

We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 
Hebrews 6:19–20.
Prior to this verse the writer says that Abraham was patient and the Lord gave him what he promised. The Lord was his steadfast anchor and I had to ask myself if the Lord was my steadfast anchor. Do I only hope in the Lord or in things on earth? I honestly sometimes put my hope in man. I have become more of a man pleaser being here. But the Lord has reminded me multiple times the authority he gives to man and he needs all the glory. The Lord has destroyed that in my life and I am so thankful for it. Jesus has gone before me and has lived here on earth. He sympathizes with us because he became man. We can cling in to his promises because he is faithful. I loved reading this because it was confirming to what I was praying this week. I am so thankful that the Lord is continuing to be faithful and will never stop. But I need to be just as faithful. This is a convicting verse because it arises many different questions in my head. I have not had as much faith this week as I should. I have been lacking a lot of faith. I have been lacking faith in the promises of the Lord. I sometimes foolishly ask the Lord to show me signs and miracles that I can’t deny from someone else. I want confirmation from God speaking from man, but not just God. But God was still faithful last night and told me to seek him and wait on his promises with patience. That is what I need to do. 

Application: this week I will pray with Rachel for more faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16