Zechariah 13:9

And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. 
I will say, ‘They are my people’; and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ” 

This verse is talking about the remnant of Jews that will be protected after the Tribulation. Two-thirds of the Jews will be destroyed but the Lord will keep one-third. Even though this section is prophesying the future of the Jews it really has spoken to me. This verse reminds me of 1 Peter 1:7 which states, “ So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ”. The Lord has been refining me through the fire every day of my field time. He has been exhorting me, there have been times of rebuke, and he is also answering me as I call upon His name. I am being tested in this season of my life with my faithfulness to the Lord. And my faithfulness consists the respect and responsibilities from the authority which is given by God. I am being refined to a pure silver and being tested to gain strength from the Lord. And in this refining and testing time I can only persevere through the power of the Holy Spirit which I need to daily ask for. In these times of the season I am in I am struggling to be bold. I have been told that I have the potential of being a leader but I need to step up. In this process of refinement it is not easy. I do feel like the Lord is calling me to step up and I need call upon His name in that time. To be a leader we need the qualifications and help from the Lord. It is interesting because as a team we are reading Spiritual Leadership which is also correlating with what I am going through and helping me grow and see which parts of my life need to be refined. 


Application: I am going pray with Rachel tonight for more boldness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16