Seek First The Kingdom

Zephaniah 2:3
Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, who do his just commands; seek righteousness; seek humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the anger of the Lord. 

Do I seek the Lord in all that I do in humility and seek righteousness? The Lord has put this verse on my heart this whole week in many ways. Matthew 6:33 has been brought up multiple times, songs have been played, and people have brought it up to me in a way that the Lord is trying to grab my attention. The Lord wants me to seek Him in all that I do and is constantly reminding me this week. It is clear to me that I am needing to do this because of the place that I am in this season. The Lord has me in a place of responsibilities and completing tasks and I am to do it for the Lord. In these completed actions I need to seek the Lord, be humble, do his commands, and seek righteousness. And then all these things will be added unto me. What are all these things? Promises of that the Lord has given to me that have been confirmed day after day by his grace. Proverbs 11 was spoken to me which describes the way of the righteous. When I walk in righteousness I keep my way straight. I am delivered from trouble. When I sow righteousness I will live and my desires will be good. When I seek good I will seek favor. I am so thankful for the Lord faithfulness and Him directing me to all of these verses containing this message he is trying to get across to me. So today and the rest of my walk I am to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Then all these things will be added. The Lord has chosen me. I need to be strong and work for the Lord is with me (Haggai 2:4). 

APPLICATION: I going to ask my friend to keep me accountable for what the Lord has bestowed upon my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16