Faithful Till The End

Hab 2:3-4
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;  it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it;  it will surely come; it will not delay. “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith. 


As I stumbled upon this verse the other day driving to California from Montana I had great thankfulness in my heart. I honestly get chocked up thinking about where the Lord has taken me in the last year. The Lord gave me a vision over two years ago after surrendering my life to Him. I was standing on a beach in Mexico and the Lord spoke to me to give a year to him and go to Bible College. This year was going to be used for ministry. That day I would never have thought that I would be now traveling to California again but equipped for ministry. The Lord has given me yet another year committed to Him. I waited for that appointed time and now the Lord’s promises are being fulfilled. I could not have come into ministry that day standing on the beach but it needed discipleship, instruction, reproof, correction, and pouring into. God’s timing has been so evident in my life. I honestly haven’t understood it until recently. The Lord has given me promises in the past year that I am waiting for until that appointed time. The Lord does not lie. I have no need to doubt. But recently I have found myself doubting. Because I think I can do it on my own but I forget that the Lord is in control. I take the reins like a self righteous person and end up having fears and anxieties. But the righteous shall live by faith. As I have been driving through Montana, Idaho, Utah, and now California I can see how I have been living by faith and I am extremely thankful for what He is doing in my life. He has taken me all over the world this year and is continuing to fulfill His promises. God will be faithful to the end and I need to do the same. If His promises seem slow I still need to wait for it for His promises are true. I need to humbly wait for it. I need to keep asking the Lord to kill my pride in this process of waiting. It is a hard prayer but I constantly have to pray for patience and humility. The truth is that God has been faithful to me my whole life as I see how my life has been protected by Him and I need to live by that truth that He is holding my hand in every step of the way. God is faithful and will be faithful till the end. 
Application: I am going to ask the Lord to help me remain faithful in the small things which include my responsibilities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16