Micah 6:8

Micah 6:8
  He has told you, O man, what is good;  and what does the Lord require of you 
 But to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? 

The beginning of Chapter 6 the Lord is asking Judah basically what’s up. In verse 4 the Lord shows that he has brought, redeemed, and sent. This reminds me of Nehemiah 9 when the children of Israel are praising the Lord for all that He has done and brought them out of. When we're stuck in something and look back to our stones of remembrance of what the Lord has done do we keep moving forward or do we continue in the routine of being cynical as the Children of Israel? In verse 8, the Lord is asking us to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with the Lord. This also reminds me of the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23. It states, “23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others." I was a hypocrite most of my life. I acted just, kind, and humble around my church friends and leaders. But I would go home and sin. Since surrendering my life to Christ I have been learning how to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with the Lord voluntarily wanting to deepen my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Because before I would do it for the sake of others looking at me and that's the opposite of walking humbly which is pride. God has been and is killing my pride every day. For it is good to do the things of the Lord. For God delights in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6)  The people of Judah wanted to give sacrifices but the Lord just wants a relationship and us to be loyal to Him by our actions. 

Application: Wanting to know more about worship and growing closer to the Lord I am going to read real worship every day this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16