John 12:26

John 12:26
 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 
Following God is the first action of service. Then after comes the transition to becoming a servant. Most of my life I thought I was following God. I was serving in the church and did a really good job at playing church and making it look like I was a serious Christian. But I had no fruit after serving. I did not feel like I was making a difference. It seemed like I was serving just to look good. I did it because it was the right thing to do. But now after surrounding my life to Christ, service comes naturally. God gives us the ability to serve him with a meek and humble hearts. When we lay everything down it is easy to serve Christ with our whole heart. Serving God in the past year has been different in the way that I can now see fruit in my life. God has blessed me with spiritual blessings and has been killing my pride. God will humble us in so many ways when we serve him. The proverb that humility comes before honor has been sticking out to me so much in my morning devotions. Then I am reading in Daniel that God will allow the prideful to be humbled. Humility is so needed when serving the Lord and He has been teaching me that everyday. 

Application: I am going write down at the end of the day how God has humbled me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16