Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.


When we are to obey our parents because it is pleasing to the Lord. Growing up, I did not obey my parents. I disrespected them on a daily basis and took them for granted. They supported me in everything I did and I never showed them reciprocal love. Looking back I regret a lot of what I did and said to them. I am still trying to pick up the pieces and put them back together. Things did not start getting better until a couple years ago. I never even had conversations with my father. He would drive me to school everyday and I would say no words to him. This probably broke the Lord’s heart. I wish I could talk to my parents more being here. It probably kills them to only get to talk to them for once week. I hope that one day when I have kids, they have respect for me. I hope that I can parent as good has my parents did to me. Looking back now they supported me in anything even though they knew I would not pursue culinary. To the Lord it makes him happy when we honor our parents so I need to work on that more and more. This is so convicting and I am going to pray about this more and more each day

Application: I am going to pray for a closer relationship with my parents. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16