Ephesians 5:21

Submitting yourselves to one to another in the fear of God

What is the fear of God? To fear God is to have reverence and respect towards him. By submitting to our authority we are having reverence towards the Lord. it pleases him when we submit unto others. For me it is hard submitting to people close in age to me. When I was studying in Israel I had a dorm steward who was a control freak and it was extremely hard to submit unto her. She was very strict with rules and almost twisted them to her standards. The Lord taught me to submit unto her because she was in authority and i sought the Lord in this time. I was going to Matthew 18 her for stuff that happened but the Lord ended up switching the dorm steward in perfect timing. God was sovereign in the situation. It taught me to rely on the Lord and seek Him in prayer. God always hears our prayers but sometimes I forget and lack in faith. But God is sovereign and will work out all things. He uses every situation to stretch us and to rely on his strength. I'm glad I just had to pray in that situation because God Did not need me.

Application: I am going to do something nice for my RA today 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16