James1:5

James1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

I admit I lack wisdom. I lack a whole lotta of wisdom. I need to daily ask in faith for wisdom because my flesh is week and I am in desperate need for it. The beginning of the chapter talks about falling into trials. When we fall into trials we can call upon the name of the Lord to help us. So often I fall into trials but never think to ask God for wisdom in the trial. I think I can face it on my own strength. God is our refuge and strength especially in times of trouble. In my pride I think I can do it on my own. But in reality I can do nothing in my own strength. I learned that a lot as I was in Israel. I tried to daily live on my own strength but found out a month in that I could not do it on my own. My days were packed, sickness would effect us all, and the spiritual warfare was intense. As a class we would have to pray for the strength of the Lord everyday. I believe with my whole heart that we grew in wisdom in that time. That is one time that I knew I had to depend on the Lord in times of testing. I look up to my dad for wisdom but how much more should I ask my heavenly father. My dad and I did not always have the best relationship but after I surrendered my life to the Lord things radically changed. I started opening up to him more and asking him wisdom. But I’m not always a call away from my dad. I can ask God though any time for wisdom and He will give it to me. 

Application: When I have wifi I am going to ask my dad if he needs prayer for anything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16