Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
Being here in Guatemala, serving as an intern for Ignite Class 13, is one of the biggest leaps of faith I have ever taken. I have taken a year and handed it over to God. I have no clue what He has in store for me but I know "by faith” that He will use my life for His glory. I have faith in Him because I can put my hope and trust in His truth. I can trust Him because He is faithful. Christ is faithful when we are faithless. When I fall He is there to pick me up. I can hold on to that truth because I can believe in it. This time out here in Guatemala is a time of uncertainty. A time of uncertainty is a time for faith to brew in our lives. Sometimes I have to ask the question, “do I only have faith for things I want or do I have faith in the scary situations too?” Everyday I need press on because even though I do not know what tomorrow brings, I know God has a plan and that I am walking in His will. I have surrendered my life to Him and because of that I can trust and have faith in His promises. I can remember a time in my life when I was not walking by faith. I was not putting my hope in the Lord. I was living in the flesh and putting my hope and trust in man. I was living a hypocritical life saying I was walking by faith by in reality I was secluding myself from the Lord and Christians around me. I found myself looking to the world to fill that void of uncertainty and doubt. But now having this assurance, I can pray against the doubt from the enemy and live in peace. Romans 8:23-25
Application:

Today whenever I have a doubt or fear from the enemy come into my mind I am going to stop and read His word. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16