1 Corinthians 9:22

1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.
This verse shows are we are to be empathetic with others. What we go through such as weakness can help others that have the same weakness. Doing this helps others so that they are encouraged in their walks. This has happened to me a couple times. One of my friends was going through a hard time and GYGI was able to encourage her because I had the same struggle. I was able to help her and give her verses that got me through tough times. I have also gone through times where I had a friend and she found out something about her fiancé. This was so hard on her and I was able to help her by being by her side and be vulnerable with her. Being vulnerable is necessary to either empathize or sympathize with others. Being open shows the other person that you trust and care for them. I have become to close to my friends with opening up to them about struggles and hardships I have gone through in the past. I am able to in these times win souls to Christ. Doing the cardboard testimonies is an example of this. We become vulnerable to win souls to Christ. By showing our weakness we can be a witness of how God saved us through the Gospel. 

Application: I am going to work on opening up to people and be more vulnerable this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 1:4–6

2 Corinthians 11:30

psalm 81:16